Friday, January 8, 2010

The Aroma Company in Clevland Park - Gimlet Gurus

My brother and one of his old college friends were in town and they wanted to smoke some cigars so I did a little searching online and found The Aroma Company in Cleveland Park. I'm not much of a cigar smoker but I indulge now and then. It was a Tuesday night so there wasn't much of a crowd.

I began the evening with a Hendrick's gin martini and three olives. Though the place had a bout a total of 15 people in it it took a while for the martini to arrive. Once I tasted it I knew that its delay was due to the care put into it. It was sublime. A perfect balance of gin accented by a bit of vermouth and the brininess of the olives.

After smoking a cigar my mouth felt like it needed to be cleansed and I was in the mood for something with more of a brighter flavor so I asked for a gin gimlet. Holy !*#!*^ Moly! It was perfect. Smooth but still just a bit sour with a good proportion of lime juice and just enough sugar to take the edge off but not too sweet.

It's so nice when you visit a bar with a bartender who is not only well trained, but takes pride in their work. I'll be coming back for more.

This place has a fun but not too loud atmosphere and for those who might be turned off by the smoke, they have a smoke-free back room. I would also like to give them props for helping my friend find some food. They don't offer any food but can supply you with menus from takeaway places on the same street that you can phone in, pick up and eat in Aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment